Self Directed Hypothetical Brief (Finalised)Posted: May 5, 2016
My chosen theme is Female Erotica, I am going to create a collection of 32x32cm designs which will be suitable for bedding, wallpaper and pillows/cushions. My target market is a more adult audience. My theme has been developed through my dissertation which talks about tattooed women making a statement about their bodies and who owns them, from this I researched erotic art. I will be looking at both the male and female body but will concentrating more closely on feminine images and motifs.
To produce a collection of designs, inspired by erotic art and aimed at a broad age market of 18-40+. Due to the nature of my designs I could be difficult to design for a high street market but by being subtle and delicate with the subject I want to target both high street stores and also a more niche market. The collection will be boutique inspired to create an ‘Erotic-chic’ style. I intend on creating my designs and collection by using drawings, various print techniques and possibly incorporating some stitch. I will then scan in and use Photoshop and Illustrator or create my collection.
- Research – Artists who specialise in eroticism, prints, drawing, sculptures etc.
- Adult themed interiors and furnishings.
- Sketch Book – using a range of mixed media, produce a body of drawings and mark makings.
- Colour – Choose a colour pallet that is on trend for s/s17.
- Repeat – Produce repeat designs and samples successfully using croquis.
- Techniques – Create my deigns and samples using various print techniques, specifically lino, screen print, heat transfer and digital print. I also want to use techniques within these such as resist and fabric manipulation.
- Display collection appropriately and professionally for exhibition.
I want to use my theme to celebrate the body and sexual exploration and by using my personal style to express myself through my designs. Throughout my degree I have developed my printing skills and want use these to produce my designs to a high quality standard.
- Moodboards – colour, theme.
- Research File.
- Sketchbook showing ideas and design development including any loose drawings or mark makings .
- Prototypes and samples (inc selection of mounted ones)
- Final collection of designs
- Statement on design collection
- Postcards and Business cards
- Social Media
- Online Publishings